Suzie is an accomplished, highly credentialed expert who specializes primarily within our forensic and valuation services and in our litigation support practice businesses. She is an accomplished educator as well and spent the first part of her career working in a Big Eight public accounting and consulting firm, as well as in various senior management positions in private industry. Primarily in the transportation and energy sector with Yellow Freight.
Suzie’s career has been quite diverse as well as accomplished:
- As forensic accountant and litigation consultant, her findings have provided integral contributions to and led to the following successful outcomes:
- Numerous litigation recovery actions and settlements involving various financial reporting, borrowing base and other financial institutional
reporting fraud claims.
- Discovery and documentation of $30 million, multi-year borrowing base reporting fraud.
- Identification, documentation and reporting of conspiracy and collusion of outside accounting firm, senior Board members, as well as senior financial
and operating executives in concealing various accounting and reporting irregularities as well as private placement investment funding diversions of
$1 million and fraud.
- Discovery, documentation and reporting of multi-year
phony customer invoicing scheme.
- Uncovering of establishment of outside bank account relationship
in violation of bank loan covenants with the purpose and intent to
divert secured collateral proceeds.
- Discovered and documented accounting and financial reporting irregularities to artificially and intentionally inflate the carrying values of goodwill and other intangible assets, as well as to conceal and misstate material balances due from insiders and related parties. In addition, documented numerous materially misstated third party CPA firm compilations.
- Discovered and documented private placement offering memoranda fraud and identified existence of two separate general ledger trial balances to facilitate reporting of “presentation” financial statements to prospective placement funding targets, along with a separate trial balance to generate monthly bank reporting packages.
- Reviewed thousands of email communications which provided extensive corroborating documentation in addition to hundreds of other documents in support of numerous fraud findings.
- As Controller, Manager of Financial reporting and in other capacities throughout her career in the private sector:
- Extensive management and supervisory experience in financial reporting and accounting for various firms, including ten years with a large, publicly-traded firm in the transportation industry.
- Responsible for on-going Board meeting presentations.
- Supervised all required SEC and other regulatory reporting.
- Responsible for management of all accounting and reporting for large oil
and gas subsidiary of publicly traded firm.
- As engagement in-charge Senior Accountant for Arthur Andersen & CO.:
- Coordinated and supervised audit fieldwork and financial statement preparation for external audits.
- Diverse client industry experience and exposure, with heavy concentration in transportation sector.
Suzie also has an extensive background as an Accounting Professor at Johnson
County Community College. Her specialty and area of focus is forensic accounting
and accounting for fraud. She is a Certified Fraud Examiner and an active member of
the Association of Fraud Examiners. She has been involved in the preparation for and presentation of numerous fraud topics. She has an exemplary educational background, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a BS in Business Education from Kansas State University. She also holds an MBA-Accounting from KSU. Suzie is a Certified