Dave brings a very unique, creative and passionate contribution to IronHorse, our clients as well as our financial and legal partners. His energy and enthusiasm are infectious and his sense of urgency is exceptional.
In 2004, Dave joined our team and has contributed considerable value across all
aspects of our business and service offerings. He is an entrepreneur and business owner himself, and that perspective and empathy is invaluable to our entrepreneurial business owners themselves. Dave gets it, and the challenges and emotional trials of building a business. Prior to joining IronHorse, Dave owned various companies in the executive search, financial and IT recruiting, staffing and human resource consulting businesses. He has considerable experience and expertise in all phases of the employment process, and has an excellent network of professional contacts in the banking, financial services and IT industries. Dave’s geographical footprint was nationwide and his clients included Sprint, Chiquita Brands International, KOCH Industries, Price Waterhouse, Oracle,
KPMG and many others.
He started his career as an in-charge in the audit practice with a national accounting
and consulting firm, BKD. His client focus included manufacturers, wholesalers as well as not-for-profits.
Since joining IronHorse, Dave has been integral to our success in a wide
variety of engagements with very diverse businesses in extremely challenging environments, including:
- CFO services to a portfolio of clients including specialty contractors, IT outsourcing companies, hotel & hospitality chains, wholesale distributors, and custom printing and graphics arts firms.
- Financial advisory and CRO services to manufacturers, printers, restaurant supply companies, and various firms in the construction trades.
- Financial advisory and special situation corporate finance/investment banking to building materials and contractor supply wholesalers.
- Forensic, valuation and litigation support services to banking/financial services clients, technology and homeland security companies, and investors to the hotel & resort development industry.
- Facilitator of various commercial and industrial lending training programs for community bank audiences including origination, collateral/security structures and agreements, underwriting, risk management and credit administration.
Dave has been instrumental in the development of the various proprietary diagnostic/analytic models and performance dashboards utilized by IronHorse in every client engagement.
In addition to his career with IronHorse, Dave is an award-winning and highly distinguished educator at Johnson County Community College. Dave has served on numerous Boards and committees, including the search committee for the college president. He is a much sought after speaker and presenter, and has traveled the country and shared his expertise on a wide variety of topics. He consults with major textbook publishers, and is actively involved in the development and quality control of educational materials and support products-both hard-copy as well as electronic.
His educational success is exemplary. Dave holds a BSBA in Finance and Accounting from Kansas State University, graduating Summa Cum Laude. He earned an MBA from the University of Kansas and is a Certified Public Accountant.